Event and Wedding Rentals - Space Users' Reviews
What Others Say:
- "The Friends Meeting of Washington is a great wedding venue - either for Quakers (who wish to be married like we were, under the auspices of the congregation), or for non-Quakers who just appreciate the clean and simple beauty of the setting.
I should also note that the Friends Meeting of Washington has long been an LGBT-inclusive congregation. Gay couples are definitely welcome!" - Basil K.
- "We would like to thank the Friends Meeting House for extending an invitation to use your facilities for our Annual Staff Retreat. All the accommodations and hospitality worked perfectly with our strategic work plans and the atmosphere was very relaxing and soothing to conduct our retreat. As we continue in the future to hold meetings off-site, we will immediately look to the Friends Meeting House for those events. Again, thank you for the hospitality and space."
- "I just wanted to write and thank you and the Meeting House for hosting our Memorial Meeting. Everyone was glad to be in such a calm, beautiful place. We felt privileged. Thank you."
- “We had a great experience at the meeting house! It was a lovely alternative to a typical conference room and was warm and relaxing. Having the small side room was also helpful for us for breakout sessions. The Patio outside was lovely and a really nice place for us to step out during breaks."
- “[Our Event] was a huge success and everyone loved being the Meeting House. It is such a convenient location to Dupont metro. It was so great to have access to the kitchen and also be able to configure the room as we wanted with tables and chairs. Your space has such a nice, personal feel, and the side room allowed folks to take urgent calls there, away from the main group.”
- "The Friends Meeting is a wonderful facility. We were treated so nicely from the beginning of the day to the end of the event. Our students, volunteers, panelists, and representatives really enjoyed the location and warmth of the facility. Everything was clean and easy access to the restroom facilities as well as the separate eating space on the first floor accommodated all of our needs."
- "My daughter and son-in-law were married 'in the manner of Friends' in the lovely intimate Quaker House Living Room, which holds about 40 people. It was a perfect spiritual setting for a group of family members who included Mennonites, Protestants of varying denominations, Catholics, Jews, agnostics, others? and some Quakers. After a short period of silence, everyone had a loving message to share. The Mennonite relatives sang. Wonderful! The small simple room enhanced the sense of family and connection, and many people later spoke of the experience with wonder. Since the living room has French doors leading out to the garden, guests were able to enjoy refreshments on the patio and in the garden after the ceremony. I would recommend Quaker House or the larger Meetinghouse to any couple seeking a meaningful and affordable setting for their wedding." - Janet D.
- "My husband and I were married, in a small traditional Quaker ceremony, in the front garden of the Meetinghouse. It was a perfect ceremony, in a perfect venue -- simple, elegant, and intimate. Afterwards, we served light refreshments outdoors, and our guests were able to enjoy the gardens of the meetinghouse. The Meetinghouse itself is simple, restrained, but full of light -- I have attended a very large wedding (over 200 I believe) in the Meetinghouse, and it was a really fun and joyous event. There is a second meeting space next door to the main Meetinghouse (but still part of the FMW campus), which is smaller, but has a beautiful view over the interior gardens -- this has also been used for wedding ceremonies."
- "We were married here in 2007 and it was an absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding and reception. The Meeting Room (where worship, ceremonies and other events happen) is large and full of sunlight, with a spacious and calming feel. Old wooden benches are welcoming and comfortable for guests, and the view of trees and flowers through the many windows makes this a lovely place to have any special event. Outside of the Meeting Room is a stone terrace -- we had hors d'oeuvres there after the ceremony, with guests roaming through the landscaped garden and enjoying the patio (this is also a great space for family photos). Downstairs and behind the Meetinghouse there are several other spaces available -- a well-equipped nursery that can be used for guests with young kids or for child care; another garden with grass, trees and gathering spaces; and a large "assembly room" for eating and visiting. We used this last space for our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding -- it was perfect for an informal gathering of about 30-40 people."
- In short, Friends Meeting of Washington is a special and welcoming place. We were very, very happy to be married here! - Bonita A.
- "My husband and I were thrilled to be married at the Friends Meeting of Washington. We appreciated everything about the FMW's approach to weddings. They were always available for us to discuss logistics, and having music in the ceremony was not a problem. We were able to combine two different faith traditions for a lovely ceremony. We took many wedding party and family photos in the beautiful garden. The excellent people at FMW were the calmest of anyone we dealt with when planning our wedding, which was very much appreciated!"
- "We had our wedding at the Friends Meeting House on Aug. 2, 2013 in the lovely parlor. From the moment we came through the gates to talk with Debby Churchman about our plans for our ceremony, the feeling of peace, serenity and being truly welcome was palpable, which was remarkable for us. We immediately made our decision. She was just fantastic. We've been together for 14 years and wanted our ceremony to be simple, but heartfelt. The staff was terrific - Ken was there taking pictures and Andrew - on his first day of work - was able to find a corkscrew for our sparkling apple cider toast in the front garden. Such awfully nice people. We were treated with such warmth, respect and support from the moment we walked in through the moment we were married. We just cannot say enough. Without Debby, Ken and Andrew, our wedding wouldn't have been nearly as wonderful and memorable. The location is perfect and the entire experience far exceeded our expectations. For anyone contemplating having a wedding here, we highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed. They are just fabulous, as is the location. We hope to stay in touch with them all." - Sally & Debbie
- See our reviews on Yelp
For more information or to make a reservation, contact Debby Churchman, our Administrative Secretary, at (202) 483-3310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.